Saturday, September 2, 2006

1 week left...

Just one more week...


I'm still not done with my dissertation. I still need to go over it a few more times and proof read it. But I'm almost there. Printing and binding, hopefully, by Monday.


I can believe I only have a week left. It has actually been almost a year since I left Manila. Time does fly.


Although I'm really really excited to go home, I can't help but feel nostalgic and a bit sad as well. I've met so many great people here, new friends. From my flatmates, classmates, fellow pinoy students, and the Filipinos who have been so accomodating and supportive; it really made my stay so much easier and memorable.


To quote my acknowledgements page:


I would like to express my appreciation to all my professors and tutors who shared their knowledge and experiences with us. To my classmates, thanks for the newfound friendships that span across cultures and nationalities. I hope I can visit all of you in the future.


 


Special thanks goes out to all the Filipinos I have met in Manchester, especially Ate Mia, Kuya Rico, Ate Ann, Tabby, Joey, Tita Ophelia, and Tita Sue, for all their help in gathering respondents but most of all for making my stay feel a bit like home. To Margarette, Liza, Cathy, Sheila, and Aaron – my fellow Filipino students who have shared in this experience – thanks for the companionship, the friendship, and keeping each other sane.


 


My heartfelt gratitude goes out to my family and Mia for their unwavering support and love even miles away. I could not have done this without you. Lastly, to God, who has always been there and always will. Ad Majorem dei Gloriam.


One more week... I'm coming home.

5 comments:

  1. So you won't even wait for your grades to come out!? :-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations nic for surviving! : ) looking forward to have you back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope. hoping that i don't have to redo my dissertation! grad is in december but what am i going to do here until then? also my contract with my flat ends on the 9th so i really have to move out anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks clare! i'll see you soon! yung dinner ha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeheeeeey!! see you soon, manong nico!:)

    ReplyDelete