Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend at the Lake District




We went to the Lake District and stayed at near the Grizedale Forest Park close to Ambleside. This is a link to our hostel: http://www.independenthostelguide.co.uk/Detail.asp?ID=36&

Margarette, Mama Liz, and I went with other parishoners from St. Augustine's parish where I go. It was supposed to be only a 2 night stay but it snowed quite heavily Saturday night and our coaster/van couldn't traverse the deep snow and icy roads so we had to stay one more night.

M, Mama Liz, and I cooked lunch dinner for our extra night and we made cream of mushroom soup with cheesy croutons for lunch and meatballs with tomato sauce and rice for dinner. =)

Although we had an unexpected delay going home, it was a really good weekend. We needed that just to get out of the dreary sights of Manchester.

7 comments:

  1. hehe... parang hollywood walk of fame in the snow=) buti yun dapat alam ng mga kilala mo dyan ang pangalan ko=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe... siyempre proud ako to be absolutely taken. =)
    Showed your pix nga to them (yung nasa wallet and phone ko). You're very beautiful and I'm very lucky. Tama naman diba? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww... ang sweet niyo naman! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. who may that igloo? very cool! i sure do miss snow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. two of our groupmates. =) they braved the cold weather to do it. I tried pero sobrang lamig di ko kaya... so I made lunch and dinner na lang. hehe... kitchen for me! =) Pero I made the snowman! =)

    ReplyDelete